After attending the Affordable Art Fair on Manhattan’s west side yesterday, I came away with a new source for beautiful artwork! Uprise Art is an online gallery that includes the works of upcoming and established contemporary artists. Uprise has a unique membership model.
Membership is free. You simply invest $50/piece per month, purchasing artwork in installments over time. For example: if you select two pieces, your monthly investments are $100/month. All your investments are applied towards the purchase price. Even as your artist’s prices increase, you are always investing towards the original price. This means your investments are 100% interest-free. It’s a perk of being an early investor in that artist. The invest-to-own service is optional; Members and non-members alike can purchase artwork outright as well.
Art is very personal but here are some of my favorite pieces from their online gallery:
I encourage you to check out Uprise Art at http://www.upriseart.com
- Affordable Art Fair In Chelsea Has Special Appeal (ny1.com)
- Amazing Art Just Got Way More Affordable (refinery29.com)
- Affordable Art Fair NEW YORK CITY fall 2013 edition RETURNS TO THE TUNNEL (bellanyc.com)
- Affordable Art Fair NY 2013 (thebambalife.com)
- Affordable Art Fair NY 2013 (brooklynbamba.com)